mother knows best..........

Posted by PicasaMy mother was a wonderful woman. She was born in 1928, her grandmother , a midwife helped her into the world. This picture was taken in my grandmother's basement where we were living at the time. My father had left us and was unheard of for about 30 years. Soon after we moved into our own house, my mother worked and I remember her doing ironing for neighbors, in the days when everything had to be ironed! A few years later my mother remarried. I'm the blond little girl on the right. My grandmother Robinson made us matching pajama's every Christmas, how we loved those and looked forward to them. My mother passed on just a few years ago.I miss her, but, am thank-ful for the good woman that she was.....my mom!

Comments

  1. Linda, what a lovely lady your mother was. You all look cute in your jim jams (especially the little blonde girl on the right) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Linda!!! our mom was special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many fathers seem to wander off. I think it's a sign that they never really grew up.

    (Just off to Puy l'Eveque) Bisou, Cro

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, say hello for me! Have you eaten at the crepe place on the river? So good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

oh honey you shouldn't have

all is well