living in a small town

Our little town of Snohomish does alot of fun little celebrations. This week-end was Ka-hia-la Days.(I know I spelled it wrong) Becky and Mike really wanted the kids to get to go , especially to participate in the frog jumping contest. The volunteers are very helpful, they give you a feather and spray bottle to encourage your frog to "get going"! Well Abby was getting alittle frustrated with hers so she gave it alittle kick! NOT allowed!  Rachel entered the cherry pit spit and watermellon eating contest, which she was disqualified because she broke hers in half. What's with our family! Must be the cancer! Maddy bravely volunteered to sing in front of everyone "Somewhere Out There", doing a great job. Me, I tried my first deep fat fried snickers bar! I have to say it was deliciously wonderful!  All in all a fun day!






Comments

  1. Scotland (Glasgow) is the home of the deep-fried Mars bar. I'm glad you didn't report your opinion of this other gourmet delicacy. YUK!

    Your ka-hia-la (?) looks a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't! I can't even begin to imagine what that tastes like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the kiddos to Kla ha ya days!!! That is something we do every year with the kiddos. You guys are AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, you Tunnells are trouble! Kickin' frogs, cheating in watermelon contests. Tell Rachel I'm apalled! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

all is well

oh honey you shouldn't have