the simplier days


MANY, many years ago we were living in Monterey , California, home of Pebble Beach, Cannery Row, Carmel and Fisherman's Wharf. We actually lived there twice. The first time Jim was assigned to the Defense Language Institute on the Presidio of Monterey. We were poor, had our first child, and lived in alittle apartment in Seaside , outside of Monterey. The second time we came back for Jim to take intermediate Russian, we had 2 1/2 children, and got a lovely big apartment right on the Presidio. We loved it there, Jim could walk to school and was always home around 3 in the afternoon. From our complex you could hear the sea lions barking,


we did alot of sight seeing and spent alot of time at the Fisherman's Wharf. It was a simple time in our lives. Like my husband always says "Little kids, little problems, big kids, big problems."  I know there's a reason I was telling you this, hmmm I suddenly forgot. Let me think a minute.  Oh yes! My hubby taking Russian, back in the Air Force, is what got us sent to Seattle with the FBI twenty five years later. You just never know what  decisions you make will lead to things down the road. So, make your decisions carefully and prayfully.

Comments

  1. We have very good friends in Paseo Robles, Carmel. Mean anything? I'm surprised you could tear yourselves away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we found the long lost branch of my dad's family we learned that they had settled in Seaside, where my grand uncle was a pharmacist whose biggest customer was the Presidio.
    Seemingly unimportant decisions - yes, I'm always trying to teach my clients that there will always be results down the road!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cro, my music playing aunt that was just up lived up on top a large hillside out side of Paseo Robles.She just sold a few years ago.We spent many happy trips there.Lovely area but our lives took us elsewhere.
    Pondside, so interesting about your uncle.What is it that you do for your job?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda - that looks a very hard place to leave behind. I love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right, Linda...i never ever would have thought the Army would send us to Spain, but things have a way of happening without you realizing it! Love your seal photo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

all is well

oh honey you shouldn't have