Lewis and Clark

It's hard to grow up in Washington without learning about Lewis and Clark. (and that is not Clark Kent)
Growing up we spent time at alot of landmarks having to do with these famous explorers. Even back then I loved history and read everything I could about them. One landmark we went to was close to my Grandma Robinson's house in Walla-Walla. The Whitman Monument was where a massacre took place of the Whitman family and others by the Cayuse Indians. They had befriended the Indians when they turned on them. For picnics we'd go to Sacajawea State Park where the Snake and Columbia Rivers join, I still remember looking up at the statue of Sacajawea. If you haven't read the book "Sacajawea" it's a great read.
So , why am I telling you all this?
Well, I'm headed over this week-end with a friend to Pullman, home of one our state colleges and where my grandparents met. He was from New Jersey, her from Washington, both going to school. We hope to do alittle walking on Lewis and Clarks trail.
Have a lovely week-end everyone.


I live in Seattle, was born in Spokane, grew up in Richland and am going to Pullman tomarrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oh honey you shouldn't have

all is well