the full experience of life

JOYSORROW



For everything there is a season,


And a time for every matter under heaven:

A time to be born, and a time to die;

A time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;

A time to kill, and a time to heal;

A time to break down, and a time to build up;

A time to weep, and a time to laugh;

A time to mourn, and a time to dance;

A time to throw away stones, and a time to gather stones together;

A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing;

A time to seek, and a time to lose;

A time to keep, and a time to throw away;

A time to tear, and a time to sew;

A time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

A time to love, and a time to hate,

A time for war, and a time for peace. - Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
 
 
 
JOY  &  SORROW ......both a part in all our lives. Though when the sorrow comes , I fight it, forgetting sometimes that it is part of my LIFE.  Some say the better part of life.  Kahlil Gibran said, Some say " joy is greater then sorry," and others say "Nay, sorrow is the greatest, But I say unto you, they are inseparable".
"Your joy is your sorrow unmasked, And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
 
This has been my life the last few months....JOY  SORROW
 
Smiles from baby Conner(joy) ,    service ,prayers, love from friends and family(joy),   cancer horrible cancer(sorrow),     watching the love between Becky & her husband(joy),   watching Becky in pain(sorrow),    sitting on the porch soaking in sun, beauty,calm (joy),    watching my children support each other (JOY),   Its so inter mixed.
 
I'm trying to be thank-ful for both.
 
 

Comments

  1. Oh Linda - this will touch a lot of hearts - I know it touched mine. That verse is one of my favorites, and like many brides, I had it read at our wedding. As you experience your joys and sorrows I wish you, most of all, a peace heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...or I should have said, a peaceful heart.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was small I used to try to store up the feelings of really good times, days, etc, so that I could remember them when I was feeling down. I don't know if it worked, but the idea of storing up good memories still appeals.

    Bisou, Cro.

    ReplyDelete
  4. pondside, I'm grateful to be feeling peace

    Cro, i think you had it right, its a good coping mechanism and we can always find things to be grateful for....please tell Lady Magnom thanks for her best wishes.Hope alls well there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diamonds shine brightest when they're set in black velvet. Linda, this has been a terrible time for you all. All my love Molly xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Linda! You do have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elizabeth Loosmore17 June, 2010 22:26

    Linda I am at a loss. Your my sister that I love so much but I don't know what to say to you. I wish I could somehow help stop the pain and the sadness these times are bringing you and of course Becky and all the family.

    Being a mother is hard, when you choose to be a mother we really don't know what we are getting ourselves into. We find out that the pain that our children experience is the worst pain we have ever felt in our lives. We find out the love we feel for our children is second to the love of the Lord. Like you said they cause sorrow and joy.

    I love you Linda. My love and my prayers are with you at all times. You never leave my thoughts and prayers. Becky never ceases to amazes me as the most wonderful young women that I know you helped mold into the person she is today. Because of your struggles you will help her with hers. I am so proud of you.

    I wish I could bottle all the love I feel for all of you so you could take it as you need it. But it is always there as our Dear Father in Heaven is.

    I know its hard to keep strong but when you feel like your falling apart I am here. A call away a small trip away. Please call on me anytime. I will be there. I got your back. Love Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. I regularly visit your blog.
    Keep on challenging!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank-you yui your message helped me want to continue blogging

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

all is well

oh honey you shouldn't have