One project down!

January 1st I started on my first project of the year! A day later I asked myself "why"???  I was thinking "maybe I'm too old for projects", or "who has time to do projects" but, mostly I said "Where's my heating pad?". Fortunately my sweet manly man felt sorry for me and pitched in. I did the trim and he did the walls and were just now finished up!
Here's some before and after pictures:
The cabinetry was off white
 
The walls were greyish green
 
I really am a terrible painter,
I always end up with drips,
and paint everywhere!
 
One last coat!
 
 
 
My handyman son-in-law refaced
the cabinets with new doors and
put new crown molding around the
tops of them.
 
I tried to use "less is more"
on the counter tops.
 
I love the new bead board on the
counter.
 
The color is more cheerful
isn't it!
 
And
After all my
complaining I'm still ready to
start a new project!
Some of us are just gluttons
for punishment!
 

Comments

  1. Well done Linda. A lick of new paint, always wins over buying a whole new kitchen. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was quite a large project to take on. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A job well done! It looks really fresh and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan in Peckham24 February, 2014 12:08

    I had to laugh as I've just finished a similar project in my kitchen - I repainted my kitchen cupboard doors and frames. They went from a scruffy off white to a modern purple. I wish I had time to do my walls too - yours look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cabinets look great! Tell Mike he did an awesome job! ...and I just love the new paint color. It can be your blue sky during all of Washington's cloudy days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It all looks lovely. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

all is well

oh honey you shouldn't have