A day at the temple

We had such a lovely day at the temple yesterday. I didn't sleep much the night before, knowing that I had to be up early and....I was alone since Jim was at a camp out with the boy scouts. So I was up and ready when Becky called to give me a wake up call. James called to see if Jim had a clean white shirt he could borrow.So, we were off in Becky's car by 7:30. Our neice Alicca. (Linda and Pauls daughter) was taking her endowments out, that was the reason for visit to the temple. Of course its always much more than that when you go to the temple, and it was wonderful being there with my children and seeing Alicca. She's a wonderful gal and I consider her a good friend and am so proud of her. James and Becky and I had a nice lunch together before we left, and it was just so nice being together. Came home and did some canning , since I'v got the portable canner at my house. I did egg noodles, split peas, hot chocolate mix and the candy bars. Maddy and Abby were my helpers and they were great. Its such an amazing thing to see the cans sealed so easily(it dosn't take much to impress me!) Anyway I feel good about it,alittle more for our food storage. A couple ladies are coming tomarrow to can some things. I think it'd be a fun thing to do as a family, especially since kids arn't allowed at the cannery. Well, time to get ready for church. I love Sundays.

Its snowing again! You just never know anymore!

Comments

  1. I had a beautiful day too. Thanks for being there with me.
    ~Allicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason I can't get into your other blog. Did you delete it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss all of your clutter on your blog!!! Please put it back on!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

all is well

oh honey you shouldn't have