park to play


We have a neighborhood lake/park about a mile from us that is so lovely, everytime we go I wonder why I don't go more often. When I was walking regularly I went by it everyday, but, I've been a slacker this year.


The children are the ones who beg me to go, and how happy I am to have such a place to take them. They love the ducks, love to fish, pick daisy's, kayak, put their hands in the water and of course play on the play equipment.


Running down the dock....


Last month when Sofia was visiting for a week she talked me into walking to the lake to go fishing. She ran around the house collecting things and refused when I said I'd get the fishing poles. So, with Lance(3) and Luna (6) we started our trek. For some reason it seemed to be twice as long as normal (maybe because it was drizzling)? We finally made it.Sof pulled out string,paper clip and marshmallows. I love a girl who likes to do things her way and Sof is that girl! She set the other children up and they "fished" til they got discouraged(five mins.) Without saying anything Sofia realized that not having sinkers was the problem. We played at the park and on the giant rock before heading home in the drizzle.I was so impressed with Lance, he was a trooper.We were about a quarter of a mile from home when he said "Do I have enough energy in my body to get home?" I assured him he did. Fun times.

Comments

  1. Great days. Great memories. Bisou, Cro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun times, indeed!
    Isn't it nice to have such great access to beautiful, natural spots?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that is a mile from you how neat!!! I love the desert but sure do miss water and green! Penny

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

all is well

oh honey you shouldn't have