why do I keep trying........?

I guess I keep hoping that my husband will sit down with me just to be near to me, and enjoy something I enjoy on the tele(love English words!). I don't know why I keep trying, it's just not going to happen.

Now, I understand it to some degree, so tonight I found a show (Psych)that is so outrageously silly that I thought he'd enjoy it enough to stay on the couch. Nope. He got up and started spinning,(yarn) like maybe that would make it alittle easier to stand it???

Some background: My Manly Man worked for the F.B.I. for 22 yrs. as an agent. Any show about FBI, Police, Military.....lets see did I leave anything out, he can't sit there and just watch. He has to yell (well, speak loudly) that , they never do, say, or act like they portray.

Then it's my turn to say, " Honey, you know if they portrayed it like it really is everyone would fall asleep."

So, it looks like I'll never sit and watch a show with my Manly Man until I stop watching all my detective shows. Oh, an did I say , he hates lawyer shows also!

Comments

  1. Introduce him to CRICKET, Linda. He'd fall asleep and keep you company.

    Bisou, Cro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, and you could spend the rest of your married life wishing that he should know what you like and should do it (from the wonderful teachings of Dr. Lund-a great LDS speaker but great for anyone to hear). Just doesn't happen. Drat. I know what you mean. No one at my house will watch my shows I'm interested in either. I take it back. They will for a little bit and then they drift away (my husband and son).

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, at least I'm not the only one! I was reasurred by something I read about Carolyn Pearson, who I admire very much. She said her and her husband watch tv on different floors and if their watching sporting events they pound on the floor when their team does well. Made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all those shows NCIS all the detective shows and thankfully he does to we always watch TV together I always think wow we were lucky we liked the same things and love the SyFi channel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

oh honey you shouldn't have

all is well