my favorite day

Sunday has always been my favorite day of the week.
Even if I don't feel like it, if at all possible I go to church.
It never lets me down. I always feel better about everything
when I come out.
When my children were little, I sometimes wondered why I
bothered, but, there's something about being in the right place,
 habits are formed.
How could I give up sitting on the pew with my family, my teen age
boy's head on my shoulder, the child that never held still sitting still
on the other side of me, I loved those tender moments.
Now, besides church I love my Sunday naps, reading  , sometimes
sharing Sunday dinner.
A wonderful day to renew.

This is the church I attend. Its probley four
or five years old. Before that we attended
in a town 7 miles from us.

There's a beautiful view of the valley and Mt. Rainer (on a clear
day) as we leave the church.



Down the hill and into town.


Snohomish is a town of around 6,000 people in the
actual town itself. It a lovely little town, very neat
and clean, the new mixing with the old very nicely.


I turn the corner, go past the library....


past our store( always closed on Sunday)....


past the park and lake..........


down the hill (this is our walk route)...


past the goat farm....


And up the hill to our home , which is at the top of the
dead end road. Half way up the street is a sign that says
"you are now leaving the city of Snohomish". We live close
to town , but, have a country feel , thanks to the lovely field
across from us.

I'm excited to be able to send a gift to Pondside, a lovely lady living with her other half , the Great Dane. They hail from Vancouver Island, Canada. You'd enjoy her lovely home, and beautiful pictures.
What's fun is....I just won something on her blog!

Wishing you all a wonderful week!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oh honey you shouldn't have

all is well