Well, I've kinda been hanging
around this week
doing lots of sneezing and
coughing.....
Still worked alittle on my new
project, lots  of tearing carpet
out and lots and lots
and did I say
there were lots of staples to pull out!
My Manly Man brought putty
home so I can start on the holes.
I work for alittle and then
jump back in bed for a
few hours.
I'm a driven woman!
Seriously I haven't felt this ambitious for years!
I'm looking at this as a good thing.


Oh! I've been wanting to tell you about this wonderful convention I went to in Salt Lake City Utah a few weeks ago. I rode along with
my daughter Sarah , her two crazy teen-age and  almost teen-age daughters and two of their friends.
It was "RootsTech" a geneology

We had a great time and came away
inspired and motivated.
While we were there I suddenly had a desire to contact my biological father who lives in Salt Lake. He left our family when I was three and I met him for the first time when I was 35.
We haven't been in contact for many years (20?).
I combed through the internet for addresses and phone numbers. I even called my sister and brother to see if they had heard from
him lately. We tracked down a couple
addresses but to no avail.
In the mean time I ordered two of his books off the internet . One has a lot of pictures of him
in it , one of him and Robert Redford
with a bear.(long story) Basically it's
what he was doing all those years
he should have been being our
father. The books are "Don't Kick a Bear
With Your Slippers On", and "Life on the
Edge" by Dick Robinson.As far as I know
he's still alive, we couldn't find any death
records(he's 90). I have a feeling
he might be in the VA old folks home.
Of course they wouldn't give us any
information.
I've got a few leads to follow up on(other wives and children). Interesting, huh?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

oh honey you shouldn't have

all is well