Thursday, February 27, 2014

Well, I've kinda been hanging
around this week
doing lots of sneezing and
coughing.....
Still worked alittle on my new
project, lots  of tearing carpet
out and lots and lots
and did I say
there were lots of staples to pull out!
My Manly Man brought putty
home so I can start on the holes.
I work for alittle and then
jump back in bed for a
few hours.
I'm a driven woman!
Seriously I haven't felt this ambitious for years!
I'm looking at this as a good thing.


Oh! I've been wanting to tell you about this wonderful convention I went to in Salt Lake City Utah a few weeks ago. I rode along with
my daughter Sarah , her two crazy teen-age and  almost teen-age daughters and two of their friends.
It was "RootsTech" a geneology

We had a great time and came away
inspired and motivated.
While we were there I suddenly had a desire to contact my biological father who lives in Salt Lake. He left our family when I was three and I met him for the first time when I was 35.
We haven't been in contact for many years (20?).
I combed through the internet for addresses and phone numbers. I even called my sister and brother to see if they had heard from
him lately. We tracked down a couple
addresses but to no avail.
In the mean time I ordered two of his books off the internet . One has a lot of pictures of him
in it , one of him and Robert Redford
with a bear.(long story) Basically it's
what he was doing all those years
he should have been being our
father. The books are "Don't Kick a Bear
With Your Slippers On", and "Life on the
Edge" by Dick Robinson.As far as I know
he's still alive, we couldn't find any death
records(he's 90). I have a feeling
he might be in the VA old folks home.
Of course they wouldn't give us any
information.
I've got a few leads to follow up on(other wives and children). Interesting, huh?




No comments:

Post a Comment