Seasons

I love seasons. Nature's seasons and my own. The fall is always a contemplative time
for me. The smells delight me, I don't even mind seeing the garden die back. I'm through with growing and want to snuggle in our warm little house, make soup and knit. (that's not how my winters always go but definitely some of it)
The next few weeks I will think alot about my two children Jonathan and Becky. This is around the time they both departed this world. Funny, I don't try to think about them, it's just there , their in me and that makes me happy.
Another season for me right now is the season
of aging. Not everyone gets to age.....
so I'm thank-ful, thank-ful to be a grandma.
Thank-ful to not care so much about things
that once seemed so important.
Thank-ful for making it through all my other seasons of life.
God really has been good to me!


Comments

  1. You are my inspiration. Somehow, we find the way to go on and look for ways to give us joy. I always look forward your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we are lucky to be aging, Linda! I love your posts - always full of truth and sentiment that I can relate to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my best friend died aged 32, I know how lucky I am to be 56. I look forward so much to being a grandma.
    I am like you, in that I love to snuggle, make soup and sew. Autumn is my favourite time of the year.
    I'm sad about your children Linda, I cannot imagine what that must feel like. I wish I could give you a hug x

    ReplyDelete
  4. And my thoughts are with you at this time of the year too, Linda. The words that are running through my mind are ... 'And surely I am with you always even to the end of the age (Matthew 28 v 20). Jonathan and Becky are in His Loving Care and you are too. Love Molly x

    ReplyDelete
  5. such sweet kind women...thank-you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

all is well

oh honey you shouldn't have